Support “Housing the Homeless” Through 225 Gives
As you may know, the Purple Cow exists to fund the ministry of the Christian Outreach Center here in Baton Rouge. This year, the COC is partnering with 225 GIVES for Giving Tuesday! We have an opportunity to make a significant impact for the homeless in our community through our #GIVINGTUESDAY campaign, “Housing the Homeless”.
COVID-19 created a unique opportunity to rescue homeless men, women and children off the streets and out of the tent villages of Baton Rouge. They were temporarily housed in area hotels, but they’re now transitioning into more permanent housing. Since they don’t have many possessions, they all need basic household items, and that’s what we’re providing for them through our “Housing the Homeless” project. We need to establish 120 households for 164 individuals. You can be a part of helping these folks to stay off the streets and maintain self-sufficiency through a 225 Gives donation!
Here is how you can get involved!
- 1. Share our 225 Gives fundraising page HERE.
- 2. Mark your calendar for Early Giving on November 24th! Giving between November 24th – December 1st qualifies us for financial and in-kind prizes and helps us meet our goal! You will be able to donate starting November 24th at our 225 Gives fundraising page here: https://www.225gives.org/christianoutreachcenter
No gift is too small to make an impact. At this time, our most critical need is financial gifts to help provide basic necessities for homeless families moving into apartments. Here are just a few ways your gift through 225 Gives helps families in need:
- • $20 – Provides drinkware for a family in need
- • $30 – Provides silverware for a family of four
- • $60 – Provides dinnerware for one family
- • $100 – Provides cookware for a family
Please consider creating a difference with us this holiday season! We will have more information on this campaign and ways you can help on our Facebook page. Stay up to date by following us here: https://www.facebook.com/tcocbr